This sweet and creamy homemade carrot cake ice cream is healthy enough to eat for breakfast! It’s refined sugar-free and includes dairy-free options. Recipe from “Eat Beautiful: Grain-Free, Sugar-Free and Loving It” by Megan Stevens and originally seen on Recipes to Nourish.
- Juice 5-6 large carrots (enough for 1 cup carrot juice).
- Place sour cream, carrot juice, sweetener, vanilla and cinnamon into a blender and blend until all ingredients are combined. (Be sure sweetener is fully dissolved.)
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- For a firmer consistency, transfer ice cream into a freezer safe pan, cover, and freeze until firm.
- For an AIP, dairy-free variation, use 2 cups full-fat coconut milk in place of the cultured sour cream.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 26.9g
- Sodium: 41mg
- Fat: 12.1g
- Saturated Fat: 7.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: N/A
- Trans Fat: N/A
- Carbohydrates: 30.1g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 25mg