- 2-3 large sweet potatoes cubed
- 1-2 large russet potatoes cubed (or more sweet potatoes)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3-4 Tbs avocado oil divided
- 1 organic bell pepper chopped (any color)
- 2-4 organic sausages sliced (uncured, organic hot dogs work well, too)
- Fresh chives or green onions for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
Cube and chop all potatoes, onions and bell peppers (if using), toss into a zip top bag, add enough avocado oil to the bag to coat all veggies, zip bag closed and shake.
Arrange onto a sheet pan and bake at 425 F for approximately 40-50 mins, stirring half way through.
Heat a cast iron skillet (or other large pan) and add 1 Tablespoon avocado oil. Add sliced sausage and cook until browned.
Add potato/onion mixture to pan and heat through.
Garnish with chopped chives or green onions (a pair of scissors does this job nicely when in the bush).
- If making ahead of time for camping, allow mixture to cool and store in a zip top bag in the refrigerator (or cooler) until ready to reheat.
Serving: 1/4 recipe | Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 72.7g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12.8g | Saturated Fat: 4.4g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 385mg | Fiber: 11.4g | Sugar: 5.9g