I’m not kidding when I say this chocolate chip cookie is the most company worthy dessert, hands down. Ooey, gooey chocolate chip cookie, served family style in a cast iron pan. Top it with ice cream for over the top perfection.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place cast iron skillet in oven to preheat.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt, sift ingredients together by stirring with a whisk.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add butter, organic sugar and coconut sugar, cream together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each to incorporate.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Slowly add flour mixture until incorporated.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in chocolate chips.
- Carefully remove cast iron pan from oven. Spread cookie dough into pan evenly, pressing down with a spatula.
- How much cookie dough you add will depend on the size of your pan. We like to make 2 small six inch skillet cookies and save some cookie dough for another night. (But we’ve also been known to toss the whole batch into our giant 15 inch skillet for a large crowd!)
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. (Totally acceptable if the dough isn’t completely set in the center! This is our favorite way!)
- Cool in pan on wire rack for about 5 minutes, top with ice cream, pass around the spoons and dig in!
- If family style isn’t your thing, just slice it up like a pie!
- Serving Size: 1/24th recipe
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 10.9g
- Sodium: 206mg
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated Fat: 6.3g
- Carbohydrates: 20.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 38mg