Quick & Easy Homemade Foaming Hand Soap
No more harmful ingredients from store bought soaps. Homemade foaming hand soap is quick and simple and will save your family money. The best part is you can mix and match your favorite scents for a safe, natural DIY solution.
Isn’t there just something magical about foaming hand soap?
Liquid in the bottle then foam in your hand = MAGICAL!
I’m telling you, if you’re still buying liquid hand soap it’s TIME TO STOP*.
This recipe can be thrown together in 5 minutes flat, costs less than a dollar per bottle, and has no harmful ingredients to worry your pretty little head about.
This recipe is completely customizable. With the addition of your favorite essential oils you can personalize your scent, and benefit your body with each wash.
Don’t have a foaming soap dispenser? Not to worry! You can buy one brand new and still come out ahead in the budget area.
We bought this one over 2 years ago and it’s still going strong!
This soap takes a whopping 5 minutes to make (which includes gathering and putting away supplies).
Buck up little soldier, this one’s worth it!
Foaming Hand Soap
- Measure and add water to your soap dispenser.
- Add remaining ingredients and shake gently to combine.
- Some separation is normal. Shake gently to redistribute the oils and continue use.
- Can substitute avocado, olive or fractionated coconut oil.
- According to the Oxford Journals, Lemongrass is among the best oils for fighting off bacteria (namely aemophilus influenzae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus pyogenes, Staphylococcus aureus, and Escherichia coli).
- Lavender makes a lovely floral scent.
- Citrus scents (like sweet orange, grapefruit, lemon and lime) help awaken your senses.
- Use an immunity blend for an added boost to your immune system during the cold/flu season. (Immune Aid, Germ Fighter, OnGuard, Thieves or Immune Strength are all great options depending on your EO Company of choice.)
- As always, please educate yourself on the safety and proper protocol of using Essential Oils.
Why should I make homemade soap?
Well, maybe you shouldn’t!
Does this answer surprise you? Let me explain…
If you’re strapped for time (and NOT strapped for cash) and already have a trusted brand you like (one without harmful chemicals like this one) then by all means, just keep right on buying it from the store (or the lovely Amazon Subscribe and Save…we could all save a little extra money, right?)
But now why you SHOULD make homemade soap.
The truth is, many of us could stand to save a few bucks here and there.
Besides, when the recipe is THIS easy to make? It’s kind of a no-brainer!
The cost breakdown per bottle is as follows:
- Castille Soap = $0.39 (Azure)
- Organic Almond Oil = $0.07 (Amazon)
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil (20 drops) = $0.55 (Plant Therapy).
- Total cost = $1.01
Avoid Harmful Chemicals
We avoid antibacterial hand soaps made with the ingredient Triclosan, and related triclocarbon. These are anti-bacterial chemicals found in many commercial hand soaps.
They have been linked to liver and inhalation toxicity, and may even disrupt thyroid function.
Furthermore, they may encourage bacterial resistance to antibiotics. Because of this, we avoid washing our hands in public and carry a homemade antibacterial hand-sanitizer instead.