Homemade sweet vanilla cashew milk is the most delicious, creamy and smooth milk alternative. It’s the perfect stand in for dairy free diets and works seamlessly in many recipes that call for milk or other nut milks.
- Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, let sit 30 seconds, then blend for 30 seconds more.
- Store in the refrigerator and use within 3-5 days. (Separation is normal, shake well before using.)
- Cashews are never technically “raw”, they have to be heat processed to remove the nut from the toxic shell. Try to source organic, un-roasted cashews when possible.
- For a thicker milk, use less water. For a milk with a thinner consistency, add more water.
- If your blender isn’t a high-powered blender and your cashew milk isn’t getting creamy and smooth, try soaking the cashews in water for 4-6 hours.
- If you notice your dates aren’t getting blended completely, soak them for a few minutes in warm water before making your cashew milk, and include the liquid from soaking the dates as part of your water (you don’t want to miss out on any of those minerals from the dates!).
- Nutrition facts are based on the recipe using 5 cups of water. If you change the amount of water, the nutrition facts will be altered.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 6.4g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: n/a
- Trans Fat: n/a
- Carbohydrates: 8.9g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg