A soothing recipe to keep in your natural medicine cabinet.
Adult and Children 6+
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbs Beeswax Pearls or 1/2 cup Unrefined Shea Butter
- 20 drops Eucalyptus Oil
- 20 drops Peppermint Oil
- 10 drops Cinnamon or Clove Oil
- 10 drops Lavender Oil
- 10 drops Lemon Oil
- 10 drops Rosemary Oil (optional)
Babies and Children 5 and Under
- Add a couple inches of water to a shallow pan and bring to a simmer on the stove.
- Add coconut oil and beeswax or shea butter into a glass pint jar and gently place into the boiling water.
- Stir mixture until all ingredients have melted and combined. If you would like to whip your mixture, you can use an immersion blender and whip at this time* (blend carefully as your oil mixture will be hot!).
- Add essential oils and stir to combine.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally to keep oils from separating. To speed this process up, place jar in the refrigerator and stir frequently.
- Store in an airtight container (preferably glass) and use at the first signs of a cold. We prefer to store ours in the refrigerator for an immediate cooling sensation when applied.
* This step isn’t necessary, but eliminates the step of “babysitting” your rub while it cools to prevent separation. I also suggest having an immersion blender that’s solely used for beauty products as shea butter and wax aren’t the easiest to clean off a stick blender (you can oftentimes find them very inexpensive at thrift stores or garage sales).
To Use: Rub on chest, neck, back and bottoms of feet for soothing relief and comfort (wear socks after applying to feet).