A S’more just isn’t a S’more without graham crackers. Skip the boxed version and give these healthy homemade graham crackers a try. They’re nutty and sweet with the perfect combination of fresh ground spelt flour and raw honey.
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Mill your grain (if using freshly ground flour). Then sift together flour, salt and baking soda, set aside.
- Place butter, coconut oil, honey and vanilla into the bowl of a stand mixer and cream together until smooth.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients until a ball of dough is formed. Dough should be workable, not too sticky, nor too tough. If it’s too sticky, add more flour, one tablespoon at a time. If too dry, add water, one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove dough from bowl and form into a ball. Place between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out onto one full sheet pan or two 9×13 pans.
- Continue rolling until dough is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a sharp knife (or pizza cutter), cut your crackers into desired shape and size (we do about 2×2 or 3×3 inch rectangle crackers) and prick each cracker 2 or 3 times with a fork.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 375℉, or until the crackers are golden brown. You may need to remove the outer crackers before the inner crackers finish baking as the edges tend to be thinner and brown more quickly.
- If crackers need to be cut again (they can sometimes spread slightly and stick back together) then do so while they’re still hot as they firm up once cooled.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Learn how to mill your own grain affordably at home here.
- This recipe doesn’t call for a soak time, it’s our recommendation to use sprouted spelt flour for health benefits.
- If your dough is too thick it will be more like shortbread, too thin and it will be like a crispy cracker.
- Cool crackers completely before eating. They continue to harden as they cool, becoming more like crackers and less like a cookie.
- Serving Size: 2 Crackers
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 7.9g
- Sodium: 117mg
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated Fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 10mg