Cheese made from milk kefir is a soft, spreadable and creamy cheese, perfect for a dip, snack or spread.
- 3–4 cups milk kefir
- Diced chives or green onions & salt
- Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- Cinnamon & Sugar
- Gather a nut-milk bag (a pillowcase or a coffee filter and fine mesh strainer works, too) and a large bowl.
- Carefully pour your milk kefir into your strainer and cover with a plate or light towel (if using a pillowcase or nut-milk bag, you can also hang it to allow the whey to drip out).
- Allow your kefir to strain for 5-12 hours, until desired consistency is reached.
- The longer it strains, the thicker your final product will be (and the stronger the flavor will be as it continues to ferment). Alternatively, you can strain this in your refrigerator to halt the fermenting process (recommended).
- Once your preferred consistency is reached, season the cheese however you would like. It’s delicious mixed with this ranch seasoning, or mixed with a little stevia (or sugar) and cinnamon to top your toast.
- The longer your milk kefir strains, the thicker your final product will be (and the stronger the flavor will be as it continues to ferment).
- For a more mild cheese, strain in the refrigerator.