Eliminate toxins and stay clean and fresh with an affordable easy homemade deodorant. Best part is, you probably already have the ingredients in your pantry.
- Add coconut oil into a small glass jar and place the jar in a shallow pot of boiling water. Once coconut oil is melted, turn off heat.
- Add baking soda and stir to combine.
- Add bentonite clay (if using) and stir to combine.
- Add arrowroot or cornstarch and stir to combine.
- Add essential oils, if using, stir to combine and place jar in the refrigerator.
- Stir frequently (every 10 minutes or so) to prevent oil separation.
- Add a lid and store in your bathroom. Use your fingers and apply as you would normal deodorant.
- If you’re used to mainstream deodorants (particularly those containing aluminum or antiperspirants), it may take a few weeks before your body adjusts to this new deodorant. Once your body regulates, you should be able to go a full 24 hours “stink free“.
- This recipe can be customized for your skin type/sensitivity. Using the whole 1/4 cup baking soda may cause skin irritation, decrease baking soda and increase bentonite clay until you find what works best for you. (You can also increase the cornstarch or arrowroot powder if you don’t have bentonite clay.)
- It’s my suggestion to cut the recipe by 1/4, making small batches, until you find the right combination for your skin type.
- For sensitive skin – Replace half the baking soda with bentonite clay and use lavender essential oil.
- Essential oils are amazing products and we use them on a daily basis. Be sure your oils are 100% pure and know proper dilution ratios.
- If you’re used to mainstream deodorants (particularly those containing aluminum), it may take a few weeks before your body adjusts to this new deodorant. Once your body regulates, you should be able to go a full 24 hours “stink free“.
- Serving Size: N/A
- Calories: N/A
- Sugar: N/A
- Sodium: N/A
- Fat: N/A
- Saturated Fat: N/A
- Unsaturated Fat: N/A
- Trans Fat: N/A
- Carbohydrates: N/A
- Fiber: N/A
- Protein: N/A
- Cholesterol: N/A